Sunday, January 8, 2017

India Part 2: Agra to Jaipur

India Part 2: Agra to Jaipur


The Taj Mahal is a madhouse but it is beautiful.

I took an early train from Delhi to Agra to see the Taj Mahal. My train out of Agra was later that night as recommended to me by someone working at the hostel I stayed at in Delhi. This was a mistake because there were huge delays and I ended up splitting a taxi with a nice Russian couple.

My first stop in the state of Rajasthan was Jaipur. Jaipur is a beautiful city filled with palaces and a giant fort balled The Amber Fort. The architecture of these old forts and buildings surrounding the usual market and street scenes, as well as the occasional elephant or camel walking down the street, really give you the feel of what Rajasthan has to offer. This was the first day of many filled with the forts and palaces of Rajasthan. There was also delicious food as usual.












No comments:

Post a Comment